Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Same old Same old

Nothing new --- Nothing has changed-- Still can't sleep well,, Still can't put any weight on the leg, still can't get up and around like I'd like , Still have to have help with the laundry, Can't get groceries, can't go to the bank or run errands and the big ones ---I can't go to work and church !!!!!!!!! So what if the Dr. tells me on Monday -- keep doing what I'm doing for another 3 weeks!!!!!!!! It may not be the end of the world but it's going to come close in my book at this time. It's almost Labor Day and all I've done is having to have people rearrange their schedules so they can help me---Don't get me wrong the help has been a God sent but I'd rather help people than people help me!!!! I don't want to hear how it's coming along just keep doing,
I want to hear I can start having my life back. I hate to say it but here goes --- I'd like to be able to mop the kitchen floor or clean the bathroom-- I know I know that won't last more the one or two times but it still came out of my mouth now -- can you see the desperation -- Cleaning sounds fun!!!! I need to get up and do something before I completely loose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I see bright spots --- Yes but I don't want to I want to have a pity party.
Bright spots -- 1. I have had little to no pain. 2. Both pastors have been more than gracious in showing their care for their members and what they need. 3. I've enjoyed the people coming over to visit and getting to know them better. 4. And of course my right hand girls I can't begin to be able to thank them enough. 5. All the other thing my friends have done to make this as smooth as possible -- running errands -- getting groceries -- fixing things in the house etc .etc .
6. All the prayers, cards, picture and phone calls -- always a bright spot in the day. A lot of
people don't have all this to help them so I am truly thankful and blessed I do. So should I
quit complaining and deal with it ??????????? YES -- Whatever happens on Monday I will
deal with ( maybe not well) and will get over it............God knows what is going to happen and
I need to trust him with the outcome. Easier written than done!!! I have to remember
Jeremiah 29:11 and know that some day I'll look back on this and laugh and most importantly feel very blessed for all the people and love God has put in my life.

4 comments:

sarahlaughed said...

We're praying for a speedy recovery and good news on Monday. Hang in there Karen!

Karin said...

Praying here too Karen. A few of the rest of my kids are jealous we came to see you so who knows.....maybe you will see us sometime but I hate to tell them, the weekend is crazy busy. We shall see......Monday is coming.

Snap said...

Please OFHP, you CAN come to church, but we can't make you do anything.

Nicholai said...

now that we are back I can't wait to come up and visit again